I have been dying to get my hands on the new Hexagon Punch and Six Sided Sampler stamp set. Today I made a quick Clean and Simple (CAS) card for one of my fun little make-n-takes for tonight’s New Catalog Kick Off stampin’ party at my house. I’m breaking out all the new goodies that arrived in my box yesterday fresh off the UPS truck from Utah. I just love the smell of new stuff!
You’ll have to stop by tomorrow to see the other fun card made with Beautifully Baroque and Baroque Motif all the gals are going to make tonight. Here are a few tips about this fun new set from the new 2013-2014 Catalog. If you don’t have one, click here to find out how to get one shipped directly to you!
Creative Tips -
- The first thing I whipped out of my box was my brand new color coach. This is a stampin’ girls or guy’s best friend. I quickly flipped to a color that I love – pool party and chose the top color combination of Pool Party, Crushed Curry and Old Olive. I wanted a nice bright cheery card.
- Next I stamped several of the hexagon images in my three colors, being careful to line them up just right. I trim my stamps down to the edge which makes it easier for me to see exactly where my image is.
- I stamped the pool party hexagons also on my whisper white card stock because I needed to see where my punches would be placed.
- I alternated colors as I went so that everything would be spaced just right.
- I stamped two hexagons on a piece of scrap paper and punched them out using the brand new hexagon punch. I can see that we will quickly become friends!
- I just love the three sayings that come with this stamp set (one of my favorite things – when stamp sets have sayings). I chose the one I liked the best and stamped it in my main color – Pool Party in the open space.
- My white front is 3 3/4” x 5”, my pool party front is 3 7/8” x 5 1/8” and my white card base is 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
- I added a few small Pearl Basic Jewels to add a little fun finishing touch to my card and popped up my two punched hexagons.
You can see that I free hand stamped this card, if I was worried about being absolutely precise, I would use a Stamp-a-Majig. I hope you love this fun little card! See you tomorrow – off to finish setting up for everyone today….be sure to check back for specials, retired merchandise and online fun tomorrow.
To Shop 24/7 in the Creative Store – Click here!
Stamp Sets – Six Sided Sampler (130956c, 130953w), Six Sided Sampler Bundle (132724c, 132725w) Ink – Pool Party (126982), Crushed Curry (131173), Old Olive (126953) Paper – Whisper White (100730), Pool Party (122924) Cool Tools – Hexagon Punch (130919) Finishing Touch – Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Pearl Basic Jewels (119247)