Did you ever think you would look forward to Mondays? Monday has become quite the creative day in my studio, and today it’s is on overdrive. I love entering cards on Monday in a few challenges – Mojo Monday and probably my new favorite Merry Monday – A Christmas Card Challenge.
If you’ve been following me over the past several years you know that my all time favorite type of card to make is yup…you guessed it – Christmas! So this challenge is perfect for me. It gets me in the Christmas mindset and I have a new idea each and every week! And if you just participate in this challenge each and every Monday, at the end of the year, you’ll have at the very least – 50 cards! Not bad.
Each week the design team members pick a theme. This week, one of my online friends whose work I just love, Kristie Goulet, chose the theme White on White. I just LOVE this kind of a look, it’s classic and exquisite. If you’ve never tried one, definitely do so!
This card came to me rather quickly today, and I love the end result. I hope you do too! Here are the details:
Creative Tips –
- The ornaments in the background are ornaments embossed in Iridescent Ice. They make the perfect background.
- The top ornament is from the stamp set Ornament Keepsakes and was cut out originally with the matching framelits. I wanted a slimmer border, so I trimmed it down a bit. It’s embossed White on white for a little variance from the background.
- To give it a little more elegance, you can always add a little bling, here you see pearls.
- So that the background stands out a bit more, consider putting your greeting on a strip of vellum. Originally I had it as a band, but chose to cut a bit away to allow the ornaments to really shine through. Here you see regular vellum and not vellum cardstock which was a bit too thick.
- Watch this video to learn how to make the perfect banner for greetings and embellishments.
The elegance of the pearls, vellum and white on white are a winning combination. I hope you have fun making yours too!
To see videos on how to make cards like this and much more, join us in the VIP Community! Happy Stamping.