Today is my 52nd Mojo Monday challenge! Wow – that’s enough to fill up a WHOLE year! Now, it is over the course of not quite two, but still…quite a few. To say I love this challenge is an understatement.
For today’s challenge, I pulled out my watercolor pencils, aqua painter and was a little creative with my background. There are so many techniques in this one card, that I had to just film a video for our VIP Community. Below are the steps in a nutshell. Enjoy!
Today’s Mojo sketch and my interpretation:
Creative Steps –
- I watercolored this image from Simply Sketched. I pulled color from some Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils with my Aqua Painter in a unique way, rather than color directly on my paper. We have a watercolor class on this and many other techniques here if you’re interested in watercolor.
- I wanted to keep the watercolor as the star, so I lightly sponged every background piece.
- To keep the card light, fun and neutral, I chose Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Old Olive and Primrose Petals by Stampin’ Up!.
- The flower was cut using the spring garden framelits, then sponged and bent up at the edges.
- The greeting was placed on a banner, made with a hexagon punch (see this video for tips on how) and is from the set Lots of Thanks
- I wanted a subtle background, so I stamped argyle using the Argle Embossing Folder and some Crumb Cake ink.
I love how it turned out. There’s just the right amount of pop with color to compliment the watercolored piece.
Here’s to another 52 Mojo Mondays!
Want exclusive tutorials and videos – get the Creative Tips E-letter
Want access to 4-5 stamping video tutorials each week? Learn techniques, projects and get access to our classes! Check out our VIP Community here.