The new Too Kind stamp set is an easy and quick set to use. The images are striking in any color and make wonderful backgrounds as well. Two step stamping to me is always a great thing. The images are bold yet soft at the same time. Paired here with the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set (have I told you yet that’s my #1 new go to set?!) in the background, you can’t go wrong. Learn the Two Step stamping technique with this video
Creative Tips -
- For a pop on this card I wanted to use one of the new Chalk Talk Framelits as a spotlight. I stamped in full color to really provide a pop with these fun bright colors.
- To begin, I used my new Stampin’ Up! catalog. I needed a color combination and I wasn’t feeling the two in the color coach. I wanted to use Pistachio Pudding, so I started leafing through the pages in my catalog. I saw the combination on page 14 and pulled out Pistachio Pudding, Island Indigo and Tangerine Tango. It’s a striking bold combination that I just loved! Tip – Did you know that those color blocks behind every project idea in the catalog together make color combinations – when in doubt…go to your catalog!
- For a muted background I used tone on tone stamping with Pistachio Pudding for a few more images with the Too Kind set and the tiny flecks stamp from Gorgeous Grunge. This one stamp is your best friend. It it such a well executed image that it literally looks like you flecked little drops of ink onto your image. Check out the entire set at the end of this post. And to see more of the images in action, be sure to check out the two posts preceding this one.
- I popped the tag up using Stampin’ Dimensionals so that it really stood out.
- A complete Whisper White matte in between the Pistachio and Island Indigo might have been a little much, so I decided to go with simple squares to help frame my card front. I love the end result.
It’s a quick, easy and fun bright card. Anyone who gets this in the mail would immediately smile. Don’t you think? I’d love to hear your thoughts – squares or a full matte? Do you like the color combination? Have you used Pistachio Pudding yet? It’s not an Ingrid color so I struggle with colors like this – I’d love to hear what you’ve paired it with so far!
Free Product Drawing
It’s new Catalog Extravaganza week and I’m continuing the celebration all weekend long until Sunday 10 pm! Anyone who uses the hostess code QGTZ4ADP will get an entry into my drawing for $25 in free product for every $25 in product puchases (pre-tax/shipping) from my Stampin’ Up! store. Good luck to you!
To Shop 24/7 in the Creative Store – Click here!
Stamp Sets – Too Kind (130450c, 130447w), Gorgeous Grunge (130517) Ink – Pistachio Pudding (131177), Tangerine Tango (126946), Island Indigo (126986) Paper – Whisper White (100730), Island Indigo (122923), Pistachio Pudding (131294) Cool Tools – Chalk Talk Framelits (129983) Finishing Touch – Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)