When I saw the Mosaic Madness stamp set for the first time, my very first thought was “That will make awesome Christmas cards!” I’m actually shocked that it took me this long to make you the first Christmas Card for the upcoming holiday season. The Mojo Monday sketch for today took me right to Christmas, and I found it was quite easy to come up with a sketch for this project. And here it is – I hope you love it!
Creative Tips –
- My first thought when I saw the Mojo298 sketch was Cherry Cobbler, which lead to Christmas, which led to Pear Pizazz. Looking at the sketch, I knew I wanted to use the new Regals Designer Series Paper Stack and although it’s in white, I find that I’m combining a lot of Very Vanilla and Whisper White for a rather cool look.
- I didn’t want the Pear Pizazz to overtake the card, nor the Cherry Cobbler, and I find the color proportions in this particular sketch are spot on.
- I used the Early Espresso to provide a 1/16” matte for my larger pieces and the Very Vanilla to give just the right amount of neutrality to tone down the card.
- Once I had my Mosaic Madness pieces stamped and cut out, I popped them up using Stampin’ Dimensionals onto a piece of Crumb Cake that I embossed using the new Beautifully Baroque Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF). I made sure to attach a piece of Linen Thread to ‘hang’ the ornament from the top of my card.
- I added a small popped up banner using the greeting set Petite Pairs. This set covers the whole year, and is on sale for 25% until the end of June! It’s a great set because it has a saying for the front and inside of the card for each one. Check out this video tutorial for Banner Flags
- The card needed a little something in the background, so I added the light lines using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set in Pear Pizazz. I can’t stop using this set!
- I’m not a bow person, so I added a Cherry Cobbler flat knot using the 1/2” Seam Binding Ribbon.
- I added a little more dry embossing to the Very Vanilla strip using the Beautifully Baroque TIEF and my Big Shot.
- For a finishing touch, I added the three sizes of our Pearl Basic Jewels to the banner and two ornaments.
This is a great color combination and I love the end result. I can’t wait to see what you do with this sketch.
Are you getting my Exclusive Video Series?
Be sure to sign up for my Creative Tips Newsletter and get the latest Creative Grove news in addition to my free Creative Techniques Video Series! The only way to get this exclusive content is to sign up in the box on the upper right or click here.
To Shop 24/7 in the Creative Store – Click here!
Stamp Sets – Mosaic Madness (130249c, 130246w) Bundle (132733c, 132734w), Petite Pairs (122497c, 128706w) Ink – Cherry Cobbler (126966), Pear Pizazz (131180) Paper – Very Vanilla (101650), Crumb Cake (120953), Pear Pizazz (131201), Early Espresso (119686), Regals DSP Stack (130139) Cool Tools – Mosaic Punch (131267), 1” Square Punch (124094) Beautifully Baroque TIEF (130917) Finishing Touch – Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430), Pearl Basic Jewels (119247), Cherry Cobbler 1/2” Seam Binding Ribbon (120992)