Do you ever just want to escape through your paper crafts? Michael is in Saint Lucia today. And yesterday he was in St. Barts – what a life! Of course, it’s business – researching the Southern Caribbean for the family travel biz. Well, he called me from the beach in St. Barts (I know – the nerve!) – so I just HAD to put myself there somehow – it’s SO gorgeous there. This card was a close as I could get. Here are some photos from when we were there last March!
For the full tutorial, be sure to watch my video One Layer Creative Scenery #2 posted on my YouTube channel. If you haven’t already – subscribe! And be sure to give me thumbs up below the video too if you like it.
To make this card, you will want to mask off the space you are looking to create. I used a 1/2” border to the top, left and bottom and made my scene 2 1/4” wide leaving a white border on the right of 1 3/4”.
I used the following supplies:
- Ranger Adirondack Lights Cloudy Blue and Aqua
- Marvy Matchables Caribbean Blue, Turquoise, and Jungle Green
- Stampin’ Up! Chocolate Chip and Sahara Sand
- You will need a greeting, Pictured is Expressly You (hostess) by Stampin’ Up!
- Stampscapes Stamps – Palm Trio (one trunk) and both Palm Leaf Left and Right
- Post It Notes
- White cardstock – 4 1/4” x 11”
This card does make me feel like I’m looking out a window into the gorgeous waters of St Barts and the Caribbean. I hope I was able to transport you too!
Be sure to check out the Creative Scenery Classes in the classroom – over 2 hours of instruction in each one. And if you’re not on The Creative Grove Newsletter List – be sure to sign up today – exclusive videos and tips are mailed out only to subscribers. Don’t miss out!