Stampin’ Up!’s 25th Anniversary exclusive stamp set Best Of Flowers can be used in many versatile ways – don’t just think in 2D for cards! I wanted a little pop for these cute flowers on this stamp which is quite smaller than it’s original. But the change is worth it – at least for my cute little votive candles!
- Normally I would stamp with the ink pads, but since this stamp is so detailed, I used Stampin’ Write Markers – Melon Mambo and Garden Green.
- I took my time to color in my stamp and then huffed it – remoistened the ink with the warmth of my breath by huffing of my stamp.
- I stamped several images on white tissue paper, and then cut around the whole image leaving a little space for my glue.
- I glued each image directly to my candle using the two way glue stick. I had to trim a few flowers off since they were taller than my candle.
- I wrapped the candle tightly with wax paper, leaving an excess amount for me to hold on to.
- I used my Heat Tool to carefully melt the wax from the candle through the tissue paper and wax paper. I then quickly roll it onto a hard surface covered with grid paper so not to get any wax on the surface. This rolls the candle flat again.
- Once my image is translucent and I can’t see any of the white tissue paper, I knew it was done. TIP – don’t over do it as your candle will be bumpy then. It goes quick.
- Be patient, pull your wax paper off slowly…let me say that again – Slowly! Check it and spot melt any other sections with new wax paper.
- I get my wax paper at the $1 store – that way I’m not skimpy with it!
The end result is a fun personable candle that dresses up any occasion! Have fun using this versatile stamp set for so much more than just cards!
Tune in tomorrow for the RemARKable Stampers Blog Tour! Have a great Saturday!!
To Shop 24/7 in the Creative Store – Click here!
Stamp Sets – Best of Flowers (133342c) Ink – Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Marker – Brights Collection (119702), Garden Green Stampin’ Write Marker – Regal Collection (119701) Paper – White Tissue Paper, Wax Paper Cool Tools – Heat Tool (129053), 2 way glue (100425)