Stampin’ Up!’s 25th Anniversary collection continues with the Best of Flowers set this past month. This is a great collection of some of the most popular flower stamps from the past quarter of a century. The images are smaller than the original ones (which makes me sad, but it’s new! And of course there is a new image too – we can’t forget that!
Today I wanted to showcase the hydrangea stamp from this set. When I grew up in San Francisco, we had two huge bushes that bloomed so beautifully with these large gorgeous blue/lavender colored flowers. So this card takes me back to my childhood.
- I wanted the flower to take center stage here, so I stamped it in Jet Black StazOn ink and watercolored it using my Aqua Painters and the Wisteria Wonder, Marina Mist, and Garden Green Classic Ink Pads.
- When Watercoloring, I was careful not to use too much water as I stamped directly on my Ultrasmooth Whisper White paper rather than our Watercolor Paper. I began by coloring the entire flower with the Wisteria Wonder and then highlighted a few flowers – mostly around the black centers with the Marina Mist.
- For the leaves, I colored the entire leaf, from the center out and then highlighted the veins and center to add a little depth.
- I paired my image with some of the Wisteria Wonder Designer Paper from the 2011-2012 In Color Paper Stack.
- I added a panel of Garden Green Cardstock but wanted a little more depth, so I used my Color Spritz Tool and a Garden Green Stampin’ Write Marker to give a little splash of color so that it did not seem so plain.
- For my greeting, I wanted to add a few vertical banners, so I chose a great saying from Petite Pairs – a quite versatile set. I think I’m here for you is a fitting saying for my hydrangea.
- I added a little Wisteria Wonder banner behind my greeting banner but it was too loud just plain. To subdue it I ran my ink pad directly over it a few times for a little texture.
- And as a finishing touch, I added three different sized Pearl Basic Jewels as an accent.
I love the final result. It’s clean, simple and to the point. This flower used to be close to the size of the Garden Green panel, but I rather like it’s new size. It’s an update on a classic. I hope you love the Best of Flowers set – get it while you can!
Be sure to stop by tomorrow for another project with this set and then Sunday for…
- Don’t miss a fun Blog Tour of the RemARKable Stampers team this Sunday with this very set! Get more than 20 fresh ideas. Be sure to stop back by here on Sunday April 21st!!
To Shop 24/7 in the Creative Store – Click here!
Stamp Sets – Best of Flowers (133342c), Petite Pairs (122495w, 122497c) Ink – Wisteria Wonder (126984), Garden Green (126973), Marina Mist (126962), Jet Black StazOn (101406), Garden Green Stampin’ Write Marker – Regal Collection (119701) Paper – Whisper White (100730), Wisteria Wonder (119683), Garden Green (102584), 2011-2012 DSP Stack (122384) Cool Tools – 1” Square Punch (124094), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Aqua Painters (103954) Finishing Touch – Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)