Have you ever tried creative depth with Lovely as a Tree, or any nature stamps? I was in a simplicity mood this morning. I love color and the mountains. When I think of the mountains, I’m reminded of when I lived in Utah and California. The scenery was so beautiful, and it really put me at peace. So this morning, I wanted to create a Fall Foliage scenery on a one layer card.
I grabbed my Lovely as a Tree stamp set and went to work. It took me three cards to get the right result, but I’m happy with it! Here is the result!
If you love the look of this stamp set – be sure to check out my online brayer class too!
Lovely as a Tree OLC tutorial –
- First I cut out a mask leaving a 3/4” border on the top, left and right.
- I inked up my six tree stamp in Crushed Curry, stamped it off and then stamped it three times filling the top 2/3 of the frame. When inking my stamp, I did not ink up the bottom grass and trunks. You can do this with a marker or your ink pad.
- I lightly sponged Soft Sky to create my rectangular frame, being sure to focus a bit heavier on the outline than the middle. I filled in the bottom 1/3 before stamping my main image.
- To color my main image, I used Stampin’ Write Markers. I first colored my trees, then my trunks in Early Espresso.
- For my Greeting, I used the Four You stamp set – I LOVE this set.
It’s a simple card, but I love the color. It makes me feel like I’m looking out at a scene in the Uinta mountains in Utah. I hope you like it too!
Learn with our exclusive FREE video series
Get the free Creative Tips E-letter and learn with subscriber exclusive video and pictorial content. Including our yearly 12 Days of Christmas series & the video for this project!