Clean and simple Christmas cards make a statement. They are easy to look at and just feel warm and friendly. I don’t know how else to put it! This card exemplifies all that. It’s bright, cheery, has a touch of interest, but overall is just a happy clean looking card. Read on to find out all the little things that make this card a perfect clean and simple card.
And if you want more Christmas projects delivered right to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to the Creative Tips list. There’s only a few hours left before the first one goes out! You’ll automatically be included in the 12 weeks of Christmas perk in addition to exclusive videos, projects, specials and community. Subscribe Here for the 12 weeks of Christmas
Stamp Set – Joy to the World Ink – Real Red Card Stock – Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Vellum Card Stock Tools – Scallop Border Trim Punch, Artisan Label Punch, Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder, Big Shot Finishing Touch – Stamping Dimensionals
Creative Tips –
- For a bright and cheery palate, use Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White, Early Espresso and Vellum card stock.
- This is an A2 card, so the dimensions are 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
- Take a strip of Vellum card stock and run it through the Stylish Stripes Embossing Folder using your Big Shot. Once you have it in one direction, rotate it and emboss it a second time. The folder is only 4 1/4” wide. So you will not be able to do this with a larger piece. Trim your piece 1/16” shorter so that it fit perfectly. Your Vellum measures 4 3/16” x 1 11/16”.
- Use a piece of Pear Pizazz cardstock that is at least 2” x 4 1/4” but it can be wider – great for scraps! Cut one edge using the Border Scallop Trim Punch. It’s much easier to trim your cardstock to the exact amount needed after you punch. You will want a slight border of 1/16” all around your vellum card stock.
- Punch an Artisan Label Punch and cut it in half.
- Stamp Joy to the World in Real Red from the Joy to the World stamp set. on a 3 1/4” x 1 1/4” piece of Whisper White card stock. Matte onto a piece of 1 1/2” x 3 1/2” Early Espresso card stock.
- Arrange the Pear Pizzazz Artisan Label Punch around the word Joy and adhere.
- Place all pieces onto your folded Real Red card to figure out the spacing. Once you’ve figured out where the Early Espresso will overlap the Vellum, add adhesive to the vellum in that spot to secure it to the Pear Pizzazz. This way you do not see any of the adhesive anywhere else.
- Place the Whisper White strip onto the Real Red card stock and adhere the Pear Pizzazz over it. Adhere the Early Espresso greeting with the label attached to it using Stamping Dimensionals to give it a little character and dimension.
- Add a Whisper White panel to the inside of your card (4” x 5 1/4”)
And that’s it! Pretty simple, right? If you loved this card, be sure to tune in for the Clean and Simple Christmas Card class that will go live in the next few weeks. You will get a page of instruction just like this, more close up photos, a measurements section and video with step by step instruction for every project. To check out what other classes we have click here.
Clean and simple Christmas cards are a definite style that fits everyone. Give it a try!
Shop 24/7 in the Creative Store – click here!