I love CAS cards. Do you ever just see something and just get inspired sometimes? That’s what the Muse challenge is all about. Seeing a great project and taking some part of it as inspiration for your project. This week, I used the popped up wings and colors of this card on the left by Chrissie Stokes as inspiration.
I was in the mood for a very CAS card, so I left a ton of white space. I love the multiple layers of the card front, popped up butterfly and die cut greeting. Read on for creative details and tips.
Creative Tips for CAS Cards
- To keep the whole white feel, I embossed my butterfly from Flora and Fauna 2 by WPlus9 in Pearl embossing powder.
- Next I sponged Distress Wild Honey and Mustard Seed as a base
- Around the edges I added Spiced Marmalade, Ripe Persimmon and Barn Door to create different depths of orange when in contact with the yellow.
- I wanted to give the illusion of flight, I fussy cut out my butterfly and then popped up parts of the wings higher in areas off the card.
- To add interest to the greeting, after cutting out the word inspire from the Inspired Dies by Penny Black, I coated them in Versamark and embossed it with Pearl Embossing Powder. – I love how it stands apart from the white background!
- I added it with Mono Liquid Glue and popped up the card front onto the base.
So what did you think? When I see butterflies, it reminds me of two things – summer at Camp Mather outside Yosemite as a kid and my friend Dawn who LOVES all things butterflies. What about you? What do butterflies remind you of – I want to know – let me know in the comments below.
I’m also entering this into
If you enjoyed this tutorial...
…you’ll love our free subscriber only video series. Learn new techniques through our exclusive Creative Tips e-letter and subscriber only video and project tutorials!